Thursday, May 5, 2011

Treasure Chest, Thursday Wonderful Minds

It was my mom's birthday yesterday.  I was driving my sweet 83 year old fragile mother to meet with her twin sister and niece who is one year younger and questions started forming in my mind to ask them while we were visiting.  That is when my Treasure Chest Thursday post began to form.  When I usually think of a Treasure Chest, the vision of a Chest full of old keepsakes comes to mind. I often lament that I don't have many treasures of that kind.  I then turned my thoughts to my wonderful mom and her sister and niece, who are the last of their family's generation living and began to repent.  They are a rare treasure of great value.
I had a wonderful day, since I have done much research with other lines of the family I was able to ask questions that threw them off on a wonderful road of memories.  They had a ball through out the day and my aunt was so impressed that the doctors had found medication to reduce the anxiety and beginning dementia in my mom.  She was right there with them sharing names and memories.  How glad I was to have been able to make their day happen. I will share some of the information later. Today I will share with you my new addition to my Treasure Chest of pictures to spark memories.
The Birthday Sisters. My mom, in blue, was happy.

They had fun getting their smiles coordinated

Mission accomplished

My cousin (second cousin) worked on making a 4 course meal.

A life long friend came by to visit.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Happy Birthday to your mom! Well done to you for making this a family history occasion too! Best wishes all round.

    Cheers,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Treasures INDEED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully said! Memories belong in our treasure chests, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post! Indeed they are such wonderful treasures! What a great way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful birthday for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gift of a day for you all. I'm so glad you were able to share it with them and thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete