Monday, February 13, 2012

Sentimental Sunday The Hero and Valentines Day.

The Hero and I had ups and downs financially.  When Valentine's Day came around, we usually made it a special day for our 6 children, leaving little for us.  We developed the tradition of going to the card section after collecting what we were getting for the children, and scouring the cards for what we felt expressed our feelings. Then we would each show the other what we would have bought for them.  It was a special feeling, and sometimes we found some funnies too.  What I loved the best was when he would write a poem for me or one of the children.  He was a special dad and husband, we send him our love on Valentines Day...a sweetheart to never be forgotten. 

2 comments:

  1. Mom I noticed there aren't many comments on here anymore, but I hope you keep writing these stories bc we do come by and read and remember. It happens that you and Grandpa are the reason that valentines day ade so important to me. You always made us a special breakfast and had the table pretty with little paper doilies. And we always had a special card telling us that you loved us. Even though you made sure we new that everyday, it made such a holiday bearable for the little geekster that was me ;)
    And who can forget Grandpa's huge cards to Grandma and the beautiful roses. He knew he was a down right onery man and that he was lucky to have her, so he made her feel extra special on such a day. So on Valentines Day my whole family must have a token of my love too. Love you Mom. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day Fran. Even when I don't comment, I am reading. This is a lovely tribute to your husband and your life together.

    ReplyDelete